Once a Bird
Based in Porto, Portugal
Outsider is an adventure game without inventory where every puzzle is different and self-contained. After humanity's extinction, the player takes control of HUD-ini, an android that wakes up alone in a lab. He must first repair himself, then escape the lab, escape the Earth, escape the universe. The story and gameplay are integrated with the same engine, providing seamless storytelling.
Outsider was inspired by classic adventure games such as Loom, The Dig and Myst. We wanted to tell a story with an ever-expanding scope and evoke a sense of mystery and wonder in the player.
- Mysterious, varied and original puzzles.
- Vectorial graphics engine that provides a distinct look and great quality at any resolution.
- Beautiful and fluid animations.
- Entertaining and epic story.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Outsider - Eurogamer Best Portuguese Game nominee." 2018
- "Outsider - Playstation Talents nominee." 2018
- "The biggest surprise of the [Comic Con] event..."
- Jorge Loureiro, Eurogamer Portugal
- "Our favourite game [at the event] was Outsider from Once A Bird..."
- Cubo Geek, Cubo Geek
- "A clever game that looks like an animated movie due to its beauty..."
- Ivo Silva, Meus Jogos
- "Each challenge is unique [...] Very interested to see where this one goes."
- Joel Goodwin, Electron Dance
- "A narrative that evolves as we solve the puzzles, every one of which is different."
- OuttaSite, Game Luster
- "It really is worth discovering the opening moments by yourself with a fresh mind [...] The game looks beautiful as well."
- Pierre Fouquet, ETNL
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Once a Bird's development blog at gamedev.net.
About Once a Bird
Once a Bird is the studio behind games like Bennu, Attack of the 50ft Verbose Dinosaur, Fold and Outsider. It consists of Ricardo Moura, a programmer, Tiago Lourenço, an illustrator, and Jo Pereira, a musician. We're committed to making original and fun games.
More information on Once a Bird, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Story and Programming
Music and Sound FX